CFA Society India and CFA Institute India organized the seventh India Investment Conference (IIC17) on the theme “Generating Alpha in a divergent world” on January 13, 2017 in Mumbai. The conference was very well received.
IIC17 witnessed the lineup of distinguished speakers:
- Peter Berezin – Chief Strategist, BCA Research
- Heather Brilliant, CFA – CEO, Morningstar Australasia
- Jonathan B Stein, CFA – CEO and Founder, Betterment
- Andy Xie – Independent Economist
- Aaron Low, CFA – Principal, Lumen Advisors
- Charles J Yang, CFA – MD, Tokio Marine Asset Management
- Sunil Singhania, CFA- CIO, Equity Investments, Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Ltd.,
- Philippa Malmgren – President and Founder, DRPM Group
Each of the sessions was moderated by the industry experts and practitioners.
- Navneet Munot, CFA – CIO, SBI Funds Management Private Limited.
- Amit Khurana, CFA – Head of Equities and Research, Dolat Capital Markets Pvt. Ltd.
- Madhu Veeraraghavan – T.A. Pai Chair Professor of Finance, TAPMI
- Saurabh Mukheejea, CFA – CEO, Ambit Capital Pvt. Ltd.
- Jayesh Gandhi, CFA – Senior Portfolio Manager, Birla Sun Life Management Company
IIC17 was co chaired by Anil Ghelani, CFA – Senior VP, DSP Blackrock Mutual Fund and Sonia Gandhi, CFA – Director, CFA Society India. Opening keynote address of the IIC17 was presented by Saurav Mishra, CFA – Director and Treasurer, CFA Society India and Nick Pollard, MD, Asia Pacific, CFA Institute. IIC17 was wrapped up with closing remarks by Vidhu Shekhar, CFA – Country Head, India, CFA Institute.
Apart from the participants, the corporate supporters of the events were 1) TAPMI, the Platinum sponsor, 2) Kalpan Schweser and Morning Star, the Gold sponsors, 3) Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund, BSE, CRISIL, Dolat Capital, MSCI, NSE, SBI Mutual Funds, STOXX as Silver sponsors, 4) CAIA and Wiley as Exhibitors, 5) Aditya Birla Wealth Management, Ambit Capital, DSP Blackrock, Nirmal Bang, Reliance Mutual Fund, as Delegate Sponsors, 6) Flame University as Academic Sponsor and 7) ET Now as TV Supporter.